Watch the on-demand Brainshark video to understand the power of app integration between VMware vSphere Data Protection Advanced and EMC Data Domain.
VMware vSphere® Data Protection Advanced™ combined with EMC Data Domain delivers scalable and high-performance data protection through patented variable-length deduplication and network-efficient, encrypted replication. Rapid, assured recovery and simple end-to-end management through VMware vSphere® web client makes vSphere® Data Protection Advanced™ and Data Domain the ideal backup solution for business-critical applications such as Microsoft SQL Server, Exchange and Sharepoint.
When vSphere® Data Protection Advanced™ is used in conjunction with an EMC Data Domain system, backup data is stored on the Data Domain appliance where it stores and deduplicates a single storage pool of virtual machines. Adding backup storage is made easy at the vSphere web client with a drop-down menu selection for Data Domain, where backup data can scale to the storage capacity of the Data Domain system.
Why vSphere® Data Protection Advanced™ and EMC Data Domain Systems for Integrated Backup?
- Better than plain disk.
- Application-aware for physical and virtual. Backup both physical and virtualized Microsoft SQL, Exchange and Sharepoint through vSphere® web client, using agents that provide application, granular backup and recovery
- Solution integration.
- Simplicity and ease of administration through vSphere® web client as single user interface
- Faster backup and recovery through advanced technology
- One-step recovery of virtual machines without the need for agents
- Self-service file-level recovery
- Superior global deduplication increase backup storage utilization
- Multi-site disaster recovery often found in enterprise-class solutions
- Lowest Total Cost of Ownership.
- Customer satisfaction.
- Complete tapeless.