From the Helm
Many of our customers want to understand how they can build a flexible and efficient virtual infrastructure that can support a mixed workload environment including SQL Server, SharePoint, Exchange and Lync unified communications on Windows Server with Hyper-V. The new Proven Solution showcases an efficient virtual infrastructure with an efficient storage design that supports colocation of mixed workloads. I encourage you to read the whitepaper to understand how to reduce storage costs using Microsoft Server Message Block (SMB 3.0) and VNX. It details how to streamline storage management and provisioning while enabling more agility by orchestrating advanced workflows and processes with EMC Storage Integrator for Microsoft cloud. Download EMC Integration for Microsoft Private Cloud Environments
Jason Hepp - General Manager Global Microsoft Solutions Business Unit at EMC
Technical Tools & White Papers
Microsoft Windows Server Failover Clustering with EMC VPLEX
This white paper describes Microsoft Windows Server Failover Clustering, with functionalities and features leveraging EMC VPLEX storage virtualization and high availability features, along with EMC PowerPath® software running on servers, to provide a fully-automated disaster recovery solution.
New Version of VSPEX Sizing Tool
Enhancements include sizing support for End User Compute(EUC) and Integrated EMC Backup and Recovery Sizing.
Access for partners with EMC (PowerLink) login or EMC employees click here.
Access for partners without EMC login click here.
Looking for a use case for VNX with XtremIO together? Microsoft has done one!
Download this white paper which describes Microsoft's performance tests of an XtremIO All Flash array in an I/O intensive BI environment.
Why VNX for Your Mixed Workload Applications
When: March 11, 2014, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM EDT
Learn how the next-generation VNX brings power, efficiency, and automation to your Oracle and Microsoft application mixed workloads.
Discussion points will include:
- Microsoft core infrastructure (Windows Server 2012, Hyper-V, System Center), Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Productivity (Exchange and SQL) and Microsoft SharePoint
- Oracle OLTP, Oracle dNFS, virtualized Oracle, Oracle Enterprise Manager
Straight talk: Microsoft on VNX
Wikibon has expanded the scope of its Microsoft Exchange infrastructure research to address the following questions:
- What is the business case for moving to Microsoft 2013 Unified Communications?
- Should IT implement UC 2013 immediately?
- Should Exchange infrastructure continue to be separate?
- Are Hyper-V and Systems Center sufficiently robust to support large Microsoft Unified Communications configurations?
- Should IT adopt the Microsoft recommendations to take a DAS approach to storage by using Storage Spaces?
- What are the comparative costs of on-site UC vs. Microsoft Office 365?
In the Pipeline
Coming next month
Focus on Microsoft Exchange - When is O365 the right fit?
Check out the new VMM integration with SMI-S for fibre channel fabrics in the new release of System Center 2012 R2