Steve Todd is in his fourth decade as a software engineer for Dell Technologies. He holds a B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science (both from the University of New Hampshire). Steve has worked with his colleagues to deliver the following ideas to market:
- Preserving customer data through disk failures and processor failures.
- Allow customers to perform online repair of disk drives.
- Enabling customers to share storage (storage area networks).
- Improving storage performance by managing access to multiple copies.
- Automated migration of customer data from older to newer storage systems.
- Customer billing and metering for cloud storage by storage service providers.
- Event-based retention
- Massively scalable object storage.
- Automated, application-aware storage provisioning for IT generalists.
Steve is currently a member of the Technology Research and Innovation Group at Dell EMC and regularly publishes his findings on his personal blog, the Information Playground. He can be followed on Twitter at @SteveTodd.