When you install a suite, add a license for the suite. Licenses for specific SolutionPacks are contained in the suite license. We recommend that you immediately install a permanent suite license. After 30 days the initial bootstrap license expires.
There are two type of licenses:
- Permanent--Permanent licenses do not expire.
- Temporary--Temporary licenses have expiration dates. When temporary licenses expire, the module license checks fail and the modules stop working. If the frontend module fails, you cannot access the product.
- 30 day trial licenses activate on all fresh installs of SRM Suite
- Provide access to UI for configuration and setup
- 30 days is granted starting at installation time
- Trials can be removed at any time through the UI
- After the initial startup of APG, licenses installed through the CLI will not propagate to other servers or appear in UI.
- App installations start up APG on first boot
- Must reinstall licenses through UI if anything is installed in the CLI.
- Users will be warned when licenses are expiring. (Default: 5 day)
You must upload a license file whenever you install a new SolutionPack or ReportPack.
The license enables views and reports to display.
Before you begin
- Obtain the required license file by creating a Service Request on EMC Online Support.
1. Log in to the host with administrator credentials.
For example, http://Frontend-hostname:58080/APG
2. Click Administration.
3. In the Centralized Management pane, select Licenses .
4. In the Physical Overview tree, select Licenses Management.
5. In the Licenses Listing pane, click Upload.
6. In the License Upload dialog box, browse to your license file. Click OK.
Licenses in a .zip file are extracted and appear in the Licenses Listing pane.
7. When License Upload Complete appears, click OK, then click Continue.
8. If you have remote servers in a distributed environment, click Synchronize to add the
licenses to the remote servers.