January 9, 2014
New brand means new opportunities for you in 2014. View the 50 second video.
As any expectant parent knows, names matter. The right name engenders trust, and conveys strength and personality. It’s true for people, and it’s equally true in business. That’s why we’ve replaced the “Velocity” program name with “EMC Business Partner.”
The new EMC Business Partner brand name and logo puts the strength, vision, and trusted reputation of EMC more directly behind all our partners. And if you belong to multiple EMC programs, it gives you one simple, unified way to present yourselves to customers. Gone are the days of having separate identifiers for each program.
And that’s just the beginning: the new name is also the first step toward unifying our entire partner ecosystem under one common umbrella program.
Coming soon: the next-generation EMC Business Partner Program
Just around the corner in 2015, we’ll release the unified EMC Business Partner Program, which will make it easier for you to reach across the full federation of EMC businesses – from EMC to Pivotal, and everything in between – to architect and sell complete solutions for your customers. We’ll also make it simpler for you to collaborate with your fellow partners across the entire EMC ecosystem.
We’ll announce all the details of the unified program at Global Partner Summit in May 2014. Then you’ll have the remainder of 2014 to meet any potential new requirements for the 2015 program. For now, you just need to get started with the new EMC Business Partner name and logo.
Dates to keep in mind
We’re going to make it as easy as possible for you to transition to the new EMC Business Partner name. Some dates to know:
- Jan. 1, 2014: Begin using the new name and logo. You’ll find brand guidelines and the EMC Business Partner logo on the Partner Branding site. We are distributing logos for specific programs and tiers directly to qualified partners.
- April 1, 2014: Partners seeking co-op or MDF reimbursements must have completed their transition to the new logo and brand name.
- May 5, 2014: Details about benefits and requirements of the new EMC Business Partner Program will be announced at GPS.
- June 1, 2014: All partners must have completed their transition to the new logo and brand name by this date.
- Dec. 31, 2014: New program requirements need to be completed to qualify for your expected placement in the new program effective Jan. 1, 2015.