As I was asked by partners and EMC people to help them with resources preparing proposals on EUC / VDI projects I collected some great assets. There are great resources already in this category, but I believe this will help to get you started in one place:
I collected this just after sharing a great customer win with 3000 desktops in the financial sector with EMC XtermIO. We are working on a public reference so will let you know details soon.
EMC's End User Computing landing page with good structure from an overview down to details
- Sizing and Design
- Consolidated List of Current EMC VDI Reference Architectures
- VCE Vblock Specialized Systems and Reference Architectures
- VSPEX View Solution Guides and Reference Architecture!
- Great VMware Site with a lot of use cases and examples: Why Choose VMware Horizon View?
Specifically the Reviewer Guides are a great starting point: e.g. Horizon View http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/view/VMware-View-Evaluators-Guide.pdf
- VCE Sizing Tool for Storage and Compute
Contact your VCE vArchitect
- VDI TCO Calculator
- VDI sizing for compute & storage – use with care and make your check as it might not reflect the specific storage array that will help to get a more efficient solution as it needs to be generic in the first step
Andre Leibovici’s Java based sizing tool http://myvirtualcloud.net/?page_id=1076
- Failover for persistent (and non-persistent) desktops
- VMware DB and Product Interoperability Matrix
Feel free to comment and add useful resources to update this document!