The Openstack Swift protocol does not use secret keys like the Atmos and S3 protocols do. Instead, it uses a password-based authentication mechanism. ViPR supports both swauth "v1" and Keystone "v2" authentication protocols.
Before connecting to Swift, you will need an administrator to create a password for your account. The attached archive contains python scripts that can be used to create a swift password for an account and assign Swift groups to the account.
You will need:
- A tenant admin user: <adminuser>
- A tenant admin password: <adminpassword>
- The hostname or IP address of a control node or control node load balancer: <controlnode>
- The hostname or IP address of a data services node or data services node load balancer <datanode>
- The name of the user to create the password for in user@domain format: <user>
- The new swift password for the user: <swift-password>
- The namespace name of the user's tenant: <namespace>
- The Swift group list for the user, e.g. "ADMIN", separated by commas: <GROUPS>
Execute the script
tar xvzf swift-tools.tar.gz cd swift-tools export BOURNE_IPADDR=<controlnode> export BOURNE_DATA_IPADDR=<datanode> ./security login <adminuser> <adminpassword> ./password.py create <user> <swift-password> <namespace> --groups <GROUPS>