NOTE: The ViPR S3 client is deprecated and has been replaced with the ECS Java Object Client: ECS Object Client SDK for Java
The Java SDK for ViPR Services provides libraries, documentation, and sample code for application development using ViPR object storage. The SDK is compatible with Java 7 (1.7.0) and up.
- S3: Fixed SDK-72: added AWS escaping to resource path when signing requests
- Atmos (version 2.2.2)
- added objectExists() method
- added wsChecksum and serverChecksum properties to ObjectMetadata
- fixed bug where client was not properly encoding/decoding the plus character in paths and metadata
- S3: Fixed SDK-71: listBuckets always tries to use vhost request
- S3: Fixed SDK-68: Signature failures for objects with a slash in the key
- Last release to support Java 6
- Added list-data-nodes call (?endpoint)
- New Smart Client feature.
- Atmos (version 2.1.6)
- Support for client-side encryption and compression. See Data Encryption and Compression in the Atmos Java SDK for more information.
- Better proxy support (Apache client now supports "http.nonProxyHosts")
- Fixed bug with ViPR object IDs being longer than 44 characters
- Updated Jersey dep and custom client handler to 1.18
- Updated AWS dep to 1.6.11
- Added ViPR 1.1 enhancements
- create-bucket fs-access option (HDFS)
- preserve-ingest-paths option for bucket file access (only for ingested buckets)
Supported in this release:
- Existing AWS library functionality
- ViPR file access mode functionality
- ViPR object append/update operations
- ViPR object namespace support
- Atmos 2.0 functionality with some restrictions
- ViPR create subtenant call
The full SDK provides libraries, source, and documentation in .ZIP format.
Artifacts for the Atmos and S3 clients are published in Maven Central. If you have a Maven project, you can import them as a dependency.
To import the ViPR S3 Client, add the following dependency to your project:
<dependency> <groupId>com.emc.vipr</groupId> <artifactId>s3-client</artifactId> <version>2.0.3</version> </dependency>
To import the ViPR Atmos Client, add the following dependency:
<dependency> <groupId>com.emc.vipr</groupId> <artifactId>atmos-client</artifactId> <version>2.2.2</version> </dependency>
Note: the Atmos client requires an additional unpublished jar (security-1.1.jar). If you're using maven, the following command will install the jar in your local reposiotory:
mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:2.5.1:install-file -Dfile=security-1.1.jar
API docs are hosted in our GitHub site here:
Source code is available for the SDK, hosted at the following GitHub repository: