CLARiiON CX4 Series
EMC SW: Unisphere Service Manager (USM)
Application SW: Cisco Security Agent (CSA)
Cannot register storage system or view registration report using Unisphere Service Manager
Registration, Register Storage System: Cannot register storage system.
Error message: " The version of management software installed on the storage system does not support the Storage System Registration Wizard. Refer to the Unisphere Service Manager Release Notes for a list of supported software."
Generate and View system configuration report/ View existing system configuration report: Cannot generate and/or view configuration file.
Error message: The file selected is an invalid configuration XML/ZIP file: C:\EMC\repository\workingLocations\20100506_143509.CXF\ArrayRegistration.xml”. If the pop-up message is dismissed, the generate appears to be working, but nothing is actually generated.
Clicking a previously generated ArrayRegistration XML file in the repository results in this error message:
“The XML page cannot be displayed Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.”
Cisco Security Agent (CSA) is blocking a port needed by Unisphere Service Manager (USM), and USM is not able to communicate with the array.
The Cisco Security Agent has to be temporarily disabled.
- From the Windows Start menu, select Control panel, administrative tools, services, Cisco Security Agent.
- Set the startup type to disabled. After a few seconds the status will change to stopped, if not then reboot.
- Try USM again.
- If a problem is still encountered, reboot the workstation and try again.
- After successfully performing the failed operation, re-enable CSA. From the Windows Start menu, select Control panel, administrative tools, services, Cisco Security Agent. Set the startup type to automatic, click Start, and click OK.
- Try USM again.
- The operation should be successful.
See the Unisphere Service Manager Release Notes for more information.
For more information refer to Primus” emc248156 “.