Un/Official Meetups of EMC World 2013

Visibility: Open to anyone

Here are all the Meetups registered for EMC World 2013. Add to the list by submitting here: Publish Your Meetup at EMC World 2013

Saturday & Sunday, May 4th-5th

Name

Day of the Week

When

Where

Type of Event

Main contact

What's the highlight of your event everyone should know?

Tourist day at the StripSaturday10:00am-5:00pmNorthern part of the StripPrivate Event -- Ask Around@50muI'm going to do some site seeing. I haven't seen the Northern part of the Strip yet and I'm planning to do so in a relaxed manner. On foot or by shuttle, I don't know yet. We'll see when we get there. So far the plans aren't solid yet.
People who are in on this already know I'm brewing something.
Fremont StreetSaturday5:00pm-10:00pmFremont StreetPublic Event -- Invite EVERYONE@50muI'd love to see Fremont Street and Matt Brender informed me this is best done in the evening since the lights make it more spectacular. Somewhere in this timeframe there's a diner somewhere and I haven't figured that out just yet.
Gilley'sSaturday10:00pm-02:00amGilley'sPublic Event -- Invite EVERYONE@50muJust hanging out with (new) friends, have a couple of beers and enjoy the scenery and the show
StratosphereSunday6:15pm-10:30pmStratospherePrivate Event -- Ask Around@50muEMC's Dutch Delegation party in the Stratosphere
Black Canyon Rafting ExperienceSunday8:00am-4:00pmHoover DamPrivate Event -- Ask Around@rlispetDutch delegation event: Seeing Hoover Dam and riding a boat. Great opportunity for taking pictures!
Odd Bytes - LGBT and friends meet-upSunday7:30-9:00 pmBourbon Room in the Venetian HotelMeetup -- Tech-centric Casual Conversation@WorldC3Meet-up for gay, *******, bi, transsexual customers, EMC employees, friends and allies. Network and chill before the big EMCWorld activities.

Monday and Tuesday, May 7th-8th

Name

Day of the Week

When

Where

Type of Event

Main contact

EMC Elect tripMonday9:00am-02:00pmdata center (Elect only)Private Event -- Ask Around@sthulinVisit to one of the largests data centers in the US with a selection of EMC Elect members.
Grand opening of the PavillionMonday6:30pm-9:00pmPavillionPublic Event -- Invite EVERYONE@50muIt's free for everyone to visit (or not). I just want to point out that I will be there.
EMC Global Partner Summit PartyMonday9:00pm-11:00pmTao Night ClubPrivate Event -- Ask Around@EMCChannelThis is a partner appreciation event for attendees of GSP2013
Geek Whisperers Out Loud!Monday9:30pm-11:30pmThe Public House (between Venetian and Palazzo)Public Event -- Invite EVERYONE@Geek_WhisperersJoin John Troyer, Matthew Brender, and Amy Lewis (the Geek Whisperers) for a relaxed, BYOWallet meetup. RSVP here so we'll know to look for you!
EMC Community Network Appreciation EventTuesday8:00pm-10:00pmZebra Lounge in the PalazzoPrivate Event -- Ask Around@stephmcbrideFree appetizers, open bar, live band and casual time to meet your fellow ECN members in person!
ASD Meetup on SDSTuesday2:30pm-3:30pmEMC Elect Space in EMC SquarePrivate Event -- Ask Around@mjbrenderEMC Elect-exclusive meetup with top members of the team behind SDS EMC
Dutch delegation @V-bar TuesdayTuesday6:00pm-8:00pmV-barPrivate Event -- Ask Around@50muDutch delegation drinks
VooDoo cafe and loungeTuesday8:15pm-11:00pmVooDoo cafe and loungePrivate Event -- Ask Around@50muDutch delegation event
ECN appeciation partyTuesday8:00pm-10:00pmZebra Lounge PalazzoPublic Event -- Invite EVERYONE@50muA chance to meet your ECN contacts in real life!
Elect appreciation partyTuesday7:00pm-8:00pmZebra Lounge PalazzoPrivate Event -- Ask Around@mjbrenderElect only event: Meet other EMC Elect members.in real life
Waffle ClubTuesday11:00pm-1:00amCafe Lux in the VenetianWe don't talk about waffle club (Rule 1)@CommsNinjaAfter-after party over chicken and waffles. Space is limited. RSVP here!

Wednesday & Thursday, May 8th-9th

Name

Day of the Week

When

Where

Type of Event

Main contact

Dutch delegation @V-bar WednesdayWednesday6:00pm-8:00pmV-barPrivate Event -- Ask Around@50muDutch delegation drinks
Bruno MarsWednesday8:00pm-10:00pmprobably in the huge conference room @VenetianPublic Event -- Invite EVERYONE@mjbrenderThis is a must attend event! Great food, drinks, music and everybody will be there.
Bellagio and Treasure Island foutain showsWednesday10:30pm-11:30pmBellagio / Treasure IslandPublic Event -- Invite EVERYONE@50muFountain shows you have to see at least once in your life!
Gilley'sWednesday11:30pm-2:00amGilley'sPublic Event -- Invite EVERYONE@50mudrinks and fun with friends. Join us, it's across the street from the Venetian!
Souvenir shopping @PrimmThursday2:00pm-6:30pmPrimm OutletsPrivate Event -- Ask Around@50muThe Dutch delegation is taking us to the Primm outlets for some shopping
Absinthe showThursday9:15pm-0:00close to the Venetian as we're going on footPrivate Event -- Ask Around@50muDutch delegation event to the Absinthe show on walking distance from the Venetian.

Friday, 10th and beyond

Name

Day of the Week

When

Where

Type of Event

Main contact

Valley of FireFriday9:00am-6:00pmValley of Fire National ParkPublic Event -- Invite EVERYONE@50muRent a car and drive over there. It's supposed to be a fantastic sight seeing these eroded red rocks. Great photo opportunity!