This document descibes the reference architecture of EMC Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS) solution based on EMC VNX, VMAX, VMware vCloud Director, vSphere 5.0, and View 5.0.
The purpose of this reference architecture is to demonstrate the functionality, performance, and scalability of a cloud computing services platform that provvides virtualized dekstops as a service for multipe types of customers in public, private, or hybrid cloud environments including:
- Enterprise desktops
- Multi-department enterprise desktops
- Hosted virtual desktops
- Multi-tenant hosted virtual desktops
This reference arhcitecture validates the solution's performance and provifes guidelines to build similar solutions. This document is not a comprehensive guited to every aspect of this solution.
|Reference Architecture||Proven Solutions Guide||Powerpoint Presentation|
- Reference Architecture: http://www.emc.com/collateral/software/technical-documentation/h9516-dt-aas-vnx-vmax-vmware-ra.pdf
- Proven Solutions Guide: http://www.emc.com/collateral/hardware/technical-documentation/h10509-DTaaS-vnx-vmax-vmware-psg.pdf
- Customer Presentation: http://powerlink.emc.com/km/live1/en_US/Communications/Presentation/DTaaS-vnx-vmax-vmware-tp.pptx
Originally Published: April 2012
- Reference Architecture: EMC DOC ID: H9516
- Proven Solutions Guide: EMC DOC ID: H10509
- Customer Presentation:
(Document attachements are done to ensure that the collateral referenced in this post survive any changes to the orignal links. As documents are updated from time to time, the best practice should be to use the original document links, however, they are also attached directly to ensure longevity of the link)