EMC ADVANCED MULTISITE AVAILABILITY FOR MICROSOFT SQL SERVER 2012
EMC VNX5700, EMC Cluster Enabler, EMC RecoverPoint
- Mission-critical with confidence
- Automated performance optimization
- Efficient, automated disaster recovery
This white paper documents the use of EMC® RecoverPoint, EMC Cluster Enabler, and Microsoft SQL AlwaysOn FCI as a combined protection package to provide business continuity and disaster recovery for an enterprise-level business environment running Microsoft SQL Server 2012.
The solution tests and validates remote protection scenarios for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 running online transaction processing workloads, and demonstrates the ability to support both low recovery time objectives (RTOs) and recovery point objectives (RPOs).
Testing and validation demonstrated that:
- RecoverPoint/CE provides a comprehensive data protection solution for the entire data center, with:
- Ease-of-provisioning through in-array splitter technology
- Simplified management with automatic site failover capability
- Reduced operational complexity and standardization across all Microsoft applications
- EMC VNX® series storage array platforms have been fully validated by EMC to support critical, enterprise-level, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 deployments in multisubnet disaster recovery configurations.
- EMC FAST Cache technology in the VNX series boosts performance and enables incredibly low latencies to be maintained for SQL Server database response times, while at the same time maintaining transparent background disaster recovery protection through EMC RecoverPoint/CE.
- Enabling EMC FAST Cache in this solution allowed a four times increase in the input/output operations per second (IOPS) and transactions per second (TPS) that the VNX storage pool could service.
- In this solution, RecoverPoint protects the production infrastructure using a remote site over an extended distance of 100 km synchronous to 4,000 km asynchronous.
Everything Microsoft @ EMC
EMC ADVANCED MULTISITE AVAILABILITY FOR MICROSOFT SQL SERVER 2012 Solution hompage
SQL Server 2012 Multisubnet support
RecoverPoint export_consolidated_statistics CLI command
RecoverPoint performance during FAST Cache warm up
SQL Server Application performance during RecoverPoint replication
SQL Server RPO lag in time and data
RecoverPoint Compression settings
Disaster scenarios and recovery actions