EMC Symmetrix Management Console 7.3.3, SPA 2.2.3. Enginuity 5875 and later.
Procedure to run Health Checks on Symmetrix using SMC.
To perform this procedure you must be an Administrator or Storage Admin and Symmetrix array must be running Enginuity 5875 or higher.
Follow the below steps to perform the Symmetrix health check:
1. Right-Click the Symmetrix ID, and select Symmetrix Admin --> Service --> Perform Health Check to open the Health Check Manager dialog box.
2. Select the Symmetrix array in the Last Health Check List, and click Add to Service Session List.
3. Change to the Service Session View.
4. Select the task, and click Run to start the service session.
5. To determine the health of the Symmetrix Array, examine the Status field and the log messages in the Service Session view.
The Health Check will perform Vault State Tests, Spare Drive Tests, Memory Tests, Locks Tests, Emulation Tests, RDF Tests, Environmental Tests and other General Tests.
Please refer to primus emc258909 for detailed explanation.