CLARiiON AX Series, CLARiiON CX Series,CLARiiON iSCSI Array, VNX, VNXe.
The correct procedure to change the IP address, Subnet Mask and/or Default gateway of a CLARiiON storage processor is given below.
The procedure is as follows.
- Log in to CLARiiON SP A setup web page http://<SP IP Address>/setup (Administrator access required).
- Modify IP address, subnet mask, gateway and SP network name as required.
- Click "Apply settings" button. Bear in mind that changing one of these parameters will make the SP to reboot. Before doing it, correct multipath configuration has to be checked and any faults in the Array should be fixed.
- Wait 10 minutes until SP A completely reboots.
- Check that changes have been successfully applied.
- Repeat Steps 1-5 for SP B.
- Log in again to CLARiiON SP A setup web page http://<SP_IP_Address>/setup and Restart Management Server.
Before rebooting a storage processor multipath configuration has to be checked and any faults in the array should be fixed so that the possibility of a DU/DL situation is ruled out.
Please refer to Primus article “emc217995” for more information on the Procedure to Change the IP address and other Network details for a Storage Processor (SP).