This page is no longer updated please visit our Help Center for the latest NSDU information & downloads click here to access NSDU in the Help Center
NSD-U is a Java/SQL application specifically designed for EMC Global Services & Authorized Partners to enabled detailed configuration designs to be created, scripted and generate automated reports of those designs in MS Word or MS Excel formats. NSD-U can import various configuration files from CLARiiON, Celerra Unified Storage Arrays combined with the SANSummary for Hosts & FC Switches. NSD-U can import existing configuration data or create entirely new configuration data if required. NSD-U can import and generate reports for complex configurations in minutes from existing CLARiiON, Celerra & Unified Storage arrays.
NSD-U is intended to be used in the following situations:
- Detailed design for CLARiiON / Unified Block Storage Arrays.
- CLARiiON/Unified Block Import from naviseccli "ArrayConfig" xml
- CLARiiON/Unified Block Import from Manufacturing Files
- CLARiiON Import from CAP xml (Note: CAP has not been updated with new features from R29 onwards, users are advised to use arrayconfig)
- Detailed design for Celerra/Unified File Storage Arrays.
- Celerra/Unified File Import from CCC xml
- Detailed design for FC Switches Fabrics and Interconnects.
- Host import from SANSummary
- FC Switch import from SANSummary
Benefits of Using the Tool
NSD-U helps improve productivity of EMC staff and improves the quality and consistency of EMC engagements and customer escalations.
- Reduced design time
- Reduced report generation time
- Databases can be shared across multiple resources working on a single project
- Consistent design reports and implementations
- Automated scripting for Unified Block / CLARiiON and Unified File / Celerra
|Tool Information||Tool Details|
|GA Date||March 29th, 2016|
|User Audience||Employee, Partner|
|Link to Tool|
|Partner License Requirements||Click Here|
|License Controlled||Yes, via Global Services Tools Licensing|
|Training||EMC Education search for "Networked Storage Designer"|
|Practice Affinity||Unified Storage|
|Job Affinity||Solutions Architect, Implementation Specialist|
|Product Manager||Click Here|
|Additional Resources||SQL Scripts & Documentation|
|Enhancement Requests||Click Here|
NSDU & Windows 10
NSDU is officially supported on Windows 10 version 220.127.116.11. however currently installations are being performed by our support team, due to some issues with particular versions of WIndows 10 and SQL2014. Please contact support for assistance with NSDU v18.104.22.168 on Windows 10.
If you need assistance, please contact our support firstname.lastname@example.org or refer to the online help for GS Tools Central here https://help.psapps.emc.com/display/HELP/Requesting+Support