Creating CIFS or NFS share don’t need license on DD.
After DD initial configuration , a default CIFS share “backup” was created. Any Windows client who knew the password can connect to this CIFS share.
Or we can create a new CIFS share as following steps:
Create a CIFS Share in Data Domain system
- In DD Enterprise manager console , ensure your DD system is selected in left pane
2. Create a CIFS share
1) Select “data management” -> CIFS à under “Share” tab
2) In the share tab , click “create” button which open create share window
3) in “create share” window , input “share name” and “directory path”
4) under the client section, click on the green + sign , this opens client window , under client
field , type * and click OK. This grants access to all clients.
5) Ensure the max connection is set to unlimited , allow browsing is enabled and writable is enabled , then click OK to create this CIFS share.
6) Verify the newly created share and review it’s detail
Data management à CIFS à Shares à click and select “newly created share”
Write down it’s share name.
Access a CIFS Share on Windows client
a) on Windows client , map your with \\<IP of DD>\<write down share name> as T drive,
in access using username , input username “sysadmin” and password. Then Click OK.
b) copy files to this CIFS share
c) On DD , verify if the data de-duplication had been taken effect.
- In “Data management” à “file system”
check information about “pre-compression” , “post-compression” and “total-comp factor”