Atmos CAS - FAQ

Do I need to change my application?

No!  Your applicaiton will be able to write to the Atmos 2.0 platform by utilising your Centera/XAM integration.  Atmos CAS supports all Centera naming schemes so all data will be accessible

Will Atmos CAS support retention/compliance (SEC, HIPPA)?

With the release of Atmos 2.0 the CAS access method will behave as a Basic mode Centera cluster.  Applications may apply retention periods to clips written, but the Atmos CAS  system will ignore any retention on the clip when a delete is attempted.  Retention classes cannot be created on the Atmos cluster.  The Atmos CAS system does not support Event Based Retention or Litigation Hold and will correctly inform applications querying the Atmos CAS for this fucntionality.

Will Atmos CAS guarentee the authenticy of my content?

Yes.  The same checks are made on content when retrieved as is performed on Centera clusters.  This ensures that you know content has not been altered while stored on the Atmos

What revisions of the Centera/XAM SDK will support Atmos CAS

Your application needs to using Centera SDK 3.1.544 or higher or XAM 1.0p3.

Can I access CAS objects via REST (read or write)

Atmos 2.0 does not support access to CAS objects via REST.

Is there any SDK functionality which is not included in Atmos CAS?

Yes the following items are not supported: FP_TagCopy, RawWrite and MoPI

Has the connection string format changed?

No.  The format of the connection string is the same as with Centera e.g.  IPAdd1,IPAdd2?peafile.pea

What about PEA files, Access Profiles and Virtual Pools

On Atmos CAS there are no access profiles, however you still need to generate a PEA file.  Atmos has a multiple tenancy approach to access.  Each Atmos can have mutiple tenants and each tenant can have multiple sub-Tenants.  Each sub-tenant can have multiple  User ID's created who each have an associated secret string.

An application connects using a User ID and a Centera cluster maps to a sub-Tenant.  The PEA file needs 4 pieces of information, the UID/secret, the sub-tenant ID and the cluster ID.  These can all be found the the Atmos Management GUI and you can use the PEA file generator on the Atmos CAS Toolkit to create a PEA file for use with Atmos CAS

How do I use username/secret method to connect

To connect using the username / secret method to authenticate to Atmos CAS use this format of connection

10.0.0.1?name=<subtenantid>:<uid>,secret=<sharedsecret>

for example to connect to the public cluster using this method

CASScript>po 168.159.214.11?name=29dfd03966fc47a485369adb77d117cc:user3,secret=ChvF8TDjR8NrPfYvW0PElfbSL4A=

this is using jcasscript