Hello D2 Community –
We are thrilled to announce the General Availability of version 4.5 of Documentum D2 and Documentum D2 +Pack. Our product management and engineering teams have been hard at work over the last year, looking at ways to solve some of the most significant challenges of today's global knowledge workers.
Documentum D2 is the advanced, configurable content-centric client for Documentum ECM. D2 offers a highly intuitive and personalizable user experience that accommodates individual preferences and working needs of different users, departments or lines of business while ensuring compliance with organizational policies and standards. D2 ensures that knowledge workers are more productive; helps reduce training costs, and rapidly accelerates user adoption of ECM deployments.
There are several benefits seen with D2, our new generation user interface for the ‘Content Library” use case.
- Benefits For the End-User
- A modern user experience available over the web - that combined with major productivity increases - makes the use of the content library an attractive proposition.
- Workspaces that can be personalized by the user based on a library of widgets, and whatever makes the user more productive in their own work styles.
- Significant productivity increases for finding and performing actions upon content. The browse and search experience combines the use of applied metadata, taxonomies, document relationships and semantic rules to provide access to relevant content - faster than ever.
- Greater levels of automation and exposure to underlying content functions (such as transformations), reducing repetitive steps that require more time from the user to complete. Their interactions with platform are therefore targeted to specific content with a minimal degree of manual labor to perform their jobs.
- For the Business
- Secure, role-based workspaces that provide authorized users access to the most actionable content that support specific business needs.
- Easily configurable and automated workflows that help to speed up and standardize the execution of processes, data collection, approvals and compliance.
- Improved data quality that results in increased findability and confidence in the content, and the line of business service that surrounds it.
- For IT
- Highly configurable workspaces and widgets, which promote reuse of content and content management functions.
- Significantly less custom coding necessary, as most functions are now the result of administrator configuration. Some customers have experienced an 85% reduction in custom code necessary to implement their solutions.
- Access to a robust API layer, providing access to content management functions and content through alternate user interfaces, including those of mobile applications and product integrations.
- The IT benefits above results in quicker time to value and lower cost of ownership in terms of upgrade conflicts. In other words, because the amount of custom code correlates to upgrade complexity, there are significant decreases in complexity because configurations are regression tested and backward compatible.
- Faster, more trustworthy, more effective IT offerings.
So, what’s new in D2 v4.5?
D2 4.5 brings something to everyone: presenting a combination of major improvements to user experience, user and admin productivity, security, added features and performance improvements. Probably the most significant improvement for many, will be the exposure of faceted search which dramatically reduces the time and effort required to find and collect content. This feature allows a user to leverage more traditional full text and semantic searches, and then to further refine search results by selecting dimensions that are aligned established taxonomies.
Let’s get into some detail about the most significant features of the D2 4.5 release:
Features & Benefits
Search, and Improved Document Findability
Approvals & Workflow
Advanced Content Management and Configuration
Faster Time to Value
Localization and Support
D2 4.5 Extension of support
New D2 4.5 Support Windows
All currently paying maintenance on Documentum D2 are be entitled to this version of the software. Much, much more information is available on the D2 support page. In the coming weeks, we will provide further updates and links to more information.
I hope we’ll see you at EMCWord this year, where you’ll get the chance to learn more about the new release and experience some of the Hands-on-Labs!