Start a Conversation

Unsolved

PB

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

May 5th, 2024 21:25

Switching from Linux to Windows

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 that I bought with Ubuntu preinstalled because I needed it for school work. However, I no longer need it and I'm having a lot of problems trying to find good alternative programs for programs I want to install but only run on Windows or MacOS, and generally I have to troubleshoot a lot when trying to install and run even programs that run on Linux.

So I just want to wipe out Linux and install Windows 11, but since the OS already came installed in the laptop I was wondering if I'll run into any issues when changing to a new OS. I'd give an example so you know what I mean, I had another laptop with Windows 10 before buying this one, and since I needed Linux for school work, I removed Windows and installed Ubuntu and after a couple of uses all of the USB ports, WiFi and sound stopped working and I couldn't fully restore them, so I bought the one I have now. I'd like something like this not happen because I really need my laptop, but I also really need the software I can't get proper alternatives for on Linux, that's why I'm seriously considering switching to Windows.

5 Practitioner

• 

5K Posts

May 5th, 2024 22:07

Your system supports Ubuntu and Windows.  Therefore, you should not running into any issue to switch operating system.  Just purchase a Windows license and performing installation away.

No Events found!