Start a Conversation

Unsolved

W

1 Message

August 10th, 2022 08:00

VNXe3200 License recovery

I have a new-to-me VNXe3200 that I need to recover the license for.  In the process of preparing it for my lab usage I reimaged it without realizing that the license could be lost in the process.  I do have compressed service data files that were backed up from before the reimage and contain a  .csv named in a format that appears to be a date and the unit's serial number_license.csv which seems to contain entries for all of the licensing categories with "true" listed under "isPermanent" and "isValid" and a "licenseKey", so I am hopeful that I have what I need to restore the functionality, but do not know how to get there from here.  I would greatly appreciate any help getting pointed back in the right direction.  Thanks!

• 

6.9K Posts

August 11th, 2022 00:00

Hello WHBonny,

If you have successfully reimaged your VNX then you should be able to install the license file & get your system up and going again.  Here is a link to how to register your license keys.  https://dell.to/3zQ48tf

In most cases when a reimage is needed it is best to open a support case so that we can assist, if the system still has an active support contract on it.

No Events found!