Unsolved

B

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

May 3rd, 2024 14:32

Win2008R2 MPIO with Powerstore 1200T

Hi All,

We have a legacy Cisco UCSC-C220-M3S server running Windows 2008R2. It hosts a smallish SQL 2008R2 instance that links to another 2008R2 virtual server that contains about 8TB (and growing) of mostly incompressible content (PDFs, JPGs, etc). This application is owned outside our IT department, so it has been very difficult to get traction to move it to a supported OS (which includes an application upgrade), but they claim (again) that it'll happen this year. It'll be rebuilt as virtual when we cross that bridge.

This Cisco server has two FC ports, each port has 4 paths through two Brocade 300 switches to an EMC vNXe3200 SAN. The 2008R2 OS correctly shows only two SAN volumes in Disk Management.

We bought a pair of Brocade 6620B switches, and a Powerstore 1200T, to replace the aforementioned hardware. We need to get the SAN volumes used by this Cisco server migrated to the new SAN.

Last night a vendor had me move one fiber cable from the old sw2 to the new sw2. He eventually got the volumes displaying in Windows Disk Management, but they showed all four paths instead of just two. After about 2 hours of fighting it, we rolled back. We are wondering if there is a compatibility issue we're missing or how else we can make progress on moving this data to the new SAN.

Thanks for your help.

• 

8.5K Posts

May 3rd, 2024 20:38

Hi,

Thanks for your question.

This may be helpful. https://dell.to/4dlSYzr It may also be a limitation of server 2008, since 2012 is the oldest validated Windows for Powerstore.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

May 16th, 2024 17:04

Hi Josh, 

I guess I don't have my notifications for this topic setup correctly to receive notifications for new posts. We worked with a Dell Senior Engineer last night and he said he'd check with the dev team.

• 

8.5K Posts

May 16th, 2024 17:06

Thanks for the update.

No Events found!