1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

May 8th, 2024 14:03

S2722QC, won't update from M3B101 to M3B102

Dell S2722QC

Dell S2722QC

Hi there,

I've tried to update my monitor to the new firmware, because I'm experiencing a lot of flickering when either my XPS 7590 is plugged in, or my mac. My monitor's current firmware is M3B101.

So I downloaded the Dell Display Manager (2.3.0.22, A00-00), the Dell Monitor Driver (A00-00, A00-00), and of course the updated firmware M3B102 (M3B102, A00-00).

When I try to install (Dell_S2722QC_FWUpdate_M3B102_Windows.exe) it tells me that "The selected firmware package is not for this monitor"- see screenshot.

What do I do here?

I have connected the laptop to the monitor with multiple different cables, and the one combination that seems to help is using an HDMI connection for the video, and then the USB-C to USB-C PD cable. Should I be using a different USB cable?

What do I do next?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

May 8th, 2024 16:46

There is no macOS support for the S2722QC.

* XPS 15 7590 AC power adapter is plugged into the left side power adapter port
* XPS 15 7590 left side TB3 port --> S2722QC USB-C to USB-C cable --> S2722QC #5 USB-C upstream port
port

Disregard the DDM app. Instead, download/save the monitor firmware directly to the PC desktop, then run it from there.

* PC to Monitor cables, three possible configurations =
- USB-C to USB-C video + data cable
- DP to DP video cable or HDMI to HDMI video cable + USB-C to USB-A upstream cable
- DP to DP video cable or HDMI to HDMI video cable + USB-B to USB-A upstream cable
* All other USB peripheral devices should be disconnected from the monitor
* If your monitor has a built-in popup webcam, close the popup webcam
* Close/end task all unnecessary software applications (Browsers, Dell SupportAssist, Dell Update Application, Dell Display Manager, Dell Display and Peripheral Manager, Steam, Anti-virus, etc.)
* Open the Monitor OSD Menu
* Go to Others
* Go to Factory Reset and run it
* Make sure DDC/CI is set to On
* Exit the Menu
* Run the firmware update from the file you saved on the PC desktop

(edited)

No Events found!