Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

May 3rd, 2024 12:54

Updated Console - Getting Failed to Start Rotate Log Files

I had updated the console last night to the lastest version. Downloading and installing whne successfully. Upon the appliance rebooting. It would just sit at a blank screen for hours and then I would get Failed to Start Rotate Log Files. Attempted to reboot the VM with no luck. Any ideas whats causing this. This is the second time this has happened.

Memory and CPU allocation is what was brought in when I imported the VM. 64 GB of Ram and 8 vCPUs.

• 

8.5K Posts

May 3rd, 2024 20:00

Clockworks45,

I haven't seen this error before, so let me do some research. I need some additional information if possible, specifically what version did you update from, and what version did you update to?

I suspect that it may be due to disk space, but am not certain. So if you can get to the interface, you may want to consider seeing if you can add space. 

Also, would you be able to share a screenshot of the error?

Let me know. 

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

May 4th, 2024 05:22

Hello,

i have seen the same error. We have deployed a fresh new OME 4.1 this week and this error msg was during the first boot. I just let the VM as long as it need to boot. I havent took look to the clock because i do something different in the meantime.  The system finished boot after some time.

I did not restart the system.   Later reboots doesnt show this message..... but i can check this.

Regards,

Joerg

No Events found!